Registration number: 8967
Company name: Muir Simpsons, Ltd
Dates in business: 1914-1957
Type of business: house furnishers
Type of company: Private limited companyLocations:
Management of company
The first three directors of the company were Herbert Muir Simpson, chairman, Kenneth Muir Simpson and Maurice Muir Simpson. The secretary was T. Craston Thomson, chartered accountant, of Glasgow. In October 1941, on the acquisition of the company by Fraser, Sons & Co Ltd, the directors were replaced by Hugh Fraser, Iris Estcourt and Edward Elson Gamble. Hugh Fraser was the managing director and chairman of the company. Craston Thomson was replaced as secretary by Robert G. Keenan.
Muir Simpsons, Ltd was incorporated and registered in February 1914 to purchase and carry on the business of James Simpson & Sons, cabinetmakers and upholsterers, 102-104 London Street, Glasgow, which had been in existence from at least 1871. The company's registered premises were at 309 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow. In October 1941, the business was acquired by Fraser, Sons & Co Ltd, drapers, of Glasgow. In December 1947, following the liquidation of Fraser, Sons & Co Ltd, Muir Simpsons, Ltd, together with other assets of Fraser, Sons & Co Ltd, was transferred to House of Fraser Ltd. Muir Simpsons, Ltd went into voluntary liquidation on 16 November 1957.
Records held for Muir Simpsons, Ltd:
Related People and Companies: